Key to Change is a nonprofit violin studio dedicated to inspiring underserved youth through world-class music instruction. The Key to Change Creative Content/Public Relations Internship is ideal for students who are interested in creating and implementing new marketing objectives, building a diverse work portfolio, and gaining hands-on experience working with an arts nonprofit.
The successful candidate will assist Key to Change with marketing efforts and publicity surrounding lesson registration, fundraisers, concerts, and other events. Responsibilities will include drafting newsletter content and fundraising emails, writing content for online platforms, updating events on our website, and serving as a liaison between Key to Change and local orchestra teachers and press contacts.
Number of Weekly Hours: Part-Time Temporary, 8-12 hours per week
Compensation: Paid upon completion of the term; students may arrange for course credit in place of payment
- Draft newsletters and email templates
- Assist with with online fundraising campaigns
- Write short press updates and other content for online platforms
- Contact orchestra teachers with information on upcoming concerts, master classes, fundraisers, and other events
- Cultivate relationships with local publications and press contacts; send and follow up on press releases and story pitches
- Other projects as assigned
- Student must have an interest in the arts
- Student must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Student must have excellent time management skills and be able to meet weekly deadlines
- Student must maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Student must have strong organizational skills
- Student must be knowledgeable about popular social media platforms
- Student must have evening and weekend availability
- Student must have a high school degree and be currently enrolled in college
If interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and three names of reference directly to Dr. Quinton Morris, Executive Director & Founder email@example.com. We will begin reviewing applications on Monday, September 24, 2018.